Thursday, September 1, 2011

it's time . . .

For me, when I was a kid, school always started on Sept. 1st. It didn't matter wether it was Thursday or Monday - it was the day every kids across country was living through the first day of school. White ribbons, fresh uniforms, new backpacks... and for me (personally) wishing that summer vacation wasn't over.
My girls are growing up in a different place. They are starting on the 7th this year. I wouldn't have to braid white ribbons into their hair or iron uniforms, and they are actually exited to go back (which me as a kid can't relate to at all).
In any case - Here's to a new school year! The adult me is going to have a quiet house for a few hours a day... soon:)

9 comments:

writing career said...

ohhhh yeah.... for the first time during last 17 years i dont have to go to school/university)))))

Vickie said...

Cute illustration. School started here last Monday. For the first time in decades we don't have anyone in school or university. My youngest graduated from Utah State University last December. Yay! We are now empty nesters. All of my sons are off on their own.
Although there is no school going on, we never stop learning. I love every opportunity to learn new things. I love your blog because it helps me learn more about art. I always thought the main purpose of school was art class ;)

Carolyn Gavin said...

So cute! here's to a wonderful September full of great beauty! x C. ps. i will send you a wheat sketchbook to try!

giddy99 said...

adorable!

Around here, school starts on August 1 (seriously) - but they get out in early May, usually...

Molly said...

I know, when the back to school stuff goes out in the stores on July 5th, I'm the one going, noooooooo!

María Belén De Rienzo said...

me encanta tu blog!! por acá se viene preparando la primavera y eso me pone muy feliz!!

Tom said...

Great illustration :)

www.lamparas.biz said...

Very useful piece of writing, much thanks for your post.

Guest said...

I'm grateful for this post. visit us